Dreux's Great Divide Adventure I had to go back and re-read my definition of adventure. Adventure, def.- stepping out of your comfort zone and opening yourself up to the experiences and beauty that life gives you. Well this adventure will be more of a leap than a step. Comparing this adventure to my TransAmerica ride, It seems worlds apart, even though the route intersects several times. http://dreuxsadventure.blogspot.com/2015/05/planning-is-over.html So what is the great divide mountain bike route, here's a good link for a description - http://www.bikepacking.com/routes/great-divide-mountain-bike-route-gdmbr/# I'm thinking in terms of attempting the GD rather than finishing the GD ..... Failure “I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying.” Michael Jordan. Here's a link to my TransAm blog - http://dreuxsadventure.blogspot.com/2015/04/creating-blog-for-big-adventure.html...
One last big climb out of Flathead Forest to enter United States. You are always bear aware but today I saw a cougar on the top of a pass. He gave me a quick look and headed the other direction and into the forest. Also several grouse sightings. Finally some dry weather. Eureka, MT has a community camping ground with a shower and grassy space to camp. Stocked up with supplies for several days and stopped into the Front Porch for a cheeseburger topped with huckleberry ice cream, odd but really good. Meeting up with lots of long distance hikers doing the Northwest Pacific Trail. Plan is to reach Polebridge tomorrow. Sadly Andrew and Diana will continue on the Great Divide Route and I plan on visiting Glacier National Park, Riding to the Sun Road. Hoping we meet up down the road.
Polebridge is a gem. This small town is completely off the grid but so much is happening. It’s the cross roads for Great Divide riders and Pacific Northwest trail hikers. The Mercantile is know for fresh pasty. Great Divide riders are given a huckleberry bear claw on the house. I’ll be back for an other. Staying at the North Fork Hostel that has so much history. A real cast of characters here. Tee pees and old RV’s are being used as sleeping quarters. All off the grid. Oliver is the Hostel manager, 17 years and a cool guy. Blue grass band tonight behind the mercantile, excellent music and cold beer. Going off route tomorrow, Glacier NP to ride Going To The Sun road.
Comments
Post a Comment